PRIVACY & COOKIE NOTICE
LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 2020
The Body Project, Team Body Project and www.teambodyproject.com are the trading name and website owned and operated by Body Project Systems Limited Flat 6 Burnham House, York Road, Torquay. TQ1 3SG. Company Number 08603592
(We, Us and Our refer to Body Project Systems Limited)
PLEASE NOTE if you participate in certain products on the Site, your user name will be visible to all other visitors to the Site for that reason, and to protect your privacy, we urge you to use a user name which has no similarity to your real name.
To help make this Privacy notice a little easier to read, we have defined certain words and phrases. Those definitions are as follows:
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679- and any update or reconstitution or replacement of it.
Personal Data: the data/information we hold about any data subject – as defined further by GDPR.
Privacy notice: the provisions contained in this document.
Who we are
We are the Data Controller for Personal Data which we use to provide the services which we describe on the Site and for marketing and advertising purposes.
How do we collect and use Personal Data and what types of Personal Data do we collect?
When you visit the Site, we store Personal Data about your visit using Cookies. We will collect data about you and the Services we provide to you in connection with the Services we offer you is always suitable.
Completing a form via one of our website pages or sending us information in any other way.
If you complete an online form via one of the Site pages or send us information about yourself in any other way, we will process this data in order to provide our Services to you.
The Personal Data we hold for you will be held for no longer than we need it. If we cannot help you, then we will remove your Personal Data as soon as we are able to but, in any event, within three months of our advising you that we cannot help.
If we can help, then we will retain data relating to the services we offer, as long as we need it to provide our services, which will usually be as long as the services to be provided. We may retain some parts of your Personal Data in order to provide you information about the services we offer, promotions we are making and any other information which we feel may be of use to you. In this case, we may keep your Personal Data for up to six years.
We will remove your Personal Data from our database within three months of the date when we no longer need it or if you ask us to remove it, unless it is needed for legal and administrative purposes
- Information we may collect about you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site www.teambodyproject.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the Site, add listings to the Site, subscribe to our services, place an order on the Site, or engage in other activities which are commonly carried out on the Site or when you contact us and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, website link, phone number, financial and credit card information, business description, business related images, and logo.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, the web sessions taken, page visit history, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Uses made of the information
We will use your Personal Data to provide our Services to you and to give you information about the services we offer, from time to time.
- Information you give to us and held about you. We will use in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Our use of Google Analytics is governed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lingua4 Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Where we store your personal data
- We may transfer your Personal Data and other data we collect from you, to data processors within and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. If we do so, we will apply appropriate measures and controls to protect your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, regulations and regulatory guidance. In all instances, we will take into account, the nature of the Personal Data we are transferring, and the level of protection provided by those processors. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Rights that you have
As your Personal Data is held by us you have rights under GDPR that we will always respect. Your rights are:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you without charge;
- The right to request that we correct any incorrect or out of date Personal Data we hold;
- The right to ask us to erase Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to keep it;
- The right to withdraw any consent you have given to the processing of your data, at any time;
- The right to request that we provide you with details of the Personal Data we hold about you;
- The right to send your Personal Data directly to another data controller, so that they can perform a contract with you;
- The right, if you think the Personal Data we hold is wrong, to stop us processing that Personal Data until the issue is resolved;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Data, including for marketing purposes;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO).
- New purpose
If we wish to use your Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining what we are proposing. We will tell you what we propose and point out new uses or conditions that we wish to apply. We will not process any Personal Data without your consent.
- Other websites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. This Privacy notice only applies to the Site so, when you link to other websites, you should read and understand their Privacy notice.
- Contacting us and updating your Data
If you wish to update, correct or change your Personal Data, how we use it or to make a complaint about what we are doing, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you make a complaint about how we use your Personal Data and we do not resolve it to your satisfaction, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (www.ico.org.uk).
We will occasionally update this Privacy notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy notice from time to time, so that you can see any changes and remind yourself as to how we use your Personal Data.
This policy last updated October 2020
The following words have the following meanings:
We, Us, Our
means Body Project Systems Limited Flat 6 Burnham House, York Road, Torquay. TQ1 3SG. Company Number 08603592.
means a visitor to the Site a Subscriber or someone who wishes to use our Services.
means the account we may require you to open, if you wish to use our Services.
means the agreement you make with us, if you wish to use the Site
means the cancellation rights you may have under the Regulations.
means any class or workout video which forms part of any Plan;
means a consumer, as defined by the Regulations.
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the Site.
means the fee we charge you for using the Services.
means Intellectual Property and all rights associated with the use of that Intellectual Property.
means Intellectual Property Rights and includes copyright (and related rights), designs, patents, trade marks, and all other intellectual property rights that may exist in anything that we may create or produce as part of the Services. This includes all such rights, whether they are registered or unregistered, and the rights to apply for renewals or extensions of those rights (where relevant).
means any recorded material which appears on the Site, all images on the Site, all written material, including books, e-books, guides, blogs, all Plans and Classes and other matter and any other matter of any nature the IPR of which belongs to us or those affiliated to us;
means any exercise programme, whether or not provided by video, offered by us on the Site;
means the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
means the services we offer through the Site.
means any user subscribing to receive our Services – free or paid for;
means the term of the Plan for which you have subscribed.
Terms and Conditions
means the terms and conditions contained herein.
means any person, firm or company using the Site.